Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello Ball. Goodbye 2010.

This is the 635th and final post of 2010 for The Mighty Quinn Media Machine, and I want to thank all of you who come to my blog, and especially to those of you who come here on a regular basis. It is one of the joys of my life to write this blog and get some terrific feedback about it from all of you.

I wrote a little less than I did in 2009. Last year I wrote 660 posts, and I bet part of the drop off was the fact the Red Sox missed the postseason. Hopefully we top 2010's number in 2011!

I will be ringing in the New Year rather quietly, with some friends and family. It's Amateur Night out there, and with the melting snow out there, home is the safest place to be.

And besides, The Twilight Zone marathon is under way on Syfy, and The Honeymooners marathon on WPIX here in New York starts up at midnight. So my TV remote will get it's usual workout all day tomorrow.

I close with one last YouTube clip, from that immortal Jackie Gleason sitcom. I have shown it here before, but it is always worth seeing again. Never fails to leave me in stitches:



A Happy New Year to you all.

2 comments:

Peter N said...

Hello ball to you, too. Classic Carney, who lived his last years in Connecticut. Have a terrific 2011, John.

BklynSoxFan said...

Did you know that the older guy in the current Geico commercials is Art Carney's son Brian? Very true.

Happy 2011 to you and yours, Peter.